Friday, February 20, 2009

Here Lies the Librarian by Richard Peck

Yes, Here Lies the Librarian includes librarians as characters. However, the book seemed to be more about cars in Indiana circa 1914. I must say I didn't love the book, but I didn't hate it either. Once I shifted my mindset from librarians to cars, it wasn't so bad. In fact, I found it quite informative about the early days of cars, roads, and auto repair shops. I had no idea one auto maker actually built cars with wooden frames including wooden tire rims. I also enjoyed reading about the community as Peck depicted it. I could easily visualize it.

Genre: Historical Fiction

Topics: librarians, libraries, cars, tomboy, car makers, racing

Mrs. Beckwith's rating: 3 of 5

Amazon reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?