Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The Queen's Thief series by Megan Whalen Turner

Book 1: The Thief (Newbery honor book)
Book 2: The Queen of Attolia
Book 3: The King of Attolia
Book 4: A Conspiracy of Kings

I found myself engrossed in these stories. I can't exactly explain why. At times I found parts of them confusing, but man, were they compelling. I had a hard time putting them down. Lots of political intrigue, suspicion, spying, thievery, romance, battle scenes, gods and goddesses, unexpected twists, etc.

Genre: fantasy (light)

Recommended audience: gr 7 and up

Mrs. Beckwith's Rating: 3.5 of 5

Note: does contain some harsh language and some graphic descriptions of wounds

Amazon Reviews:
The Thief
The Queen of Attolia
The King of Attolia
A Conspiracy of Kings

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?