Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The Mysterious Edge of the Heroic World by e. l. konigsburg

I read this book because it was on a list of books I was supposed to read. I found aspects of the book very interesting and other aspects disturbing. I enjoyed learning about the art information and the surrounding mystery. However, the old lady in the book was a little more risque than I prefer. The primary setting is two boys who are helping get an old woman's home furnishings ready for auction. An old painting is discovered in the process. I can't say I'd recommend this book for people to read...wasn't that good of a tale from my point of view.

Topics: mystery, famous artists, Hitler, degenerate art, museum curator, Nazis, stolen art, treatment of homosexuals during WWII

Mrs. Beckwith's Rating: 2.5 of 5

Amazon reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?